Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thu, 21 Jan 2010

I lied, but not on purpose. Jack called me on it this morning. I wrote that I expected the sixtel of Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA to last until today. It didn't. Thanks to everyone who drank it up and made a liar out me. For a change, I like being proved wrong. A sincere thanks to everyone who joined us at the Lodge yesterday to make a liar out of me.

Draft Beer Update
As noted about the sixtel of 120 kicked. Next year, we'll get two. Replacing it is 21st Amendment Monks Blood. We've had the limited run of Monks Blood cans for about a month now. They are a little bit pricey, but very worth it. You can take my word for that, or you could take Geno's, or Ed Wanjek's on it too. We are all big fans. Monks Blood is a great execution of a Belgian style abbey dubbel.

Also kicked was Flying Fish Belgian Mild. That make a liar of me too. I said I'd get one out of that keg, but fate was against me. We'll just have to order another keg of it for next week. Replacing the Fish Mild is Flying Fish Grand Cru, which is Fish's long popular winter seasonal. And Flying Fish Grand Cru is only $4.25 a pint! This is one of best beer values out there.

I thought we only kicked one of the quarters of Point St. Benedicts Winter Ale last weekend. Turns we kicked them both.

No comments: