Sunday, October 16, 2011

From the (e-)Mail Bag - Rare Beer Opportunity

Hi, Scoats,

I've been a customer of Grey Lodge now and again over the years, I live in Fishtown, and I know how knowledgeable and passionate you are about beer, so I thought I would send this email in the hope that you might be able to help or provide some advice.

Doing some cleaning at my folks' house recently I found a long-lost case (12 bottles; the "nip" size) of Thomas Hardy's Ale vintage 1989. I say "long-lost" because I purchased the case from the NJ wholesaler back in 1990 when my folks owned a liquor store in Pennsauken; I was in college at the time, so I left the beer at my folks' house to cellar. I went to try and find it some years later, but I'd completely forgotten where we had put it and thus it remained undisturbed in the recesses of a closet until now.

To cut to the chase, I no longer drink, and so I'm interested in selling the Hardy's. I know I could list it on EBay, but I'm a bit leery about the prospect of selling alcohol, however collectible it may be, across state lines or internationally. Ebay's guidelines on the matter haven't convinced me this is not done without considerable hassle. I'd just much rather find a local buyer. The bottles are in pristine condition. All are serial-numbered in red with a "D" prefix. "1989" follows the serial no.

If you know someone who might be interested in making a reasonable offer for the Hardy's, could you please pass along my email and phone number? I suppose I'd sell individual bottles, but on balance, I'd rather just sell the lot. If you have any other info about where/how it's best to sell something like this I'd be most grateful.

Many thanks in advance for any help/info.

Regards,

Tom
215.847.6997

No comments: