Saturday, February 11, 2012

Sat, 11 Feb 2012


Half Acre Over Ale replaced replaced Sixpoint Occupation Ale. We kicked two Half Acre Daisy Cutters pretty quickly when we tapped them recently. Over Ale doesn't have buzz of Daisy Cutter, but it's dang good none the less. I had one last night. There's a really wonderful underlying hoppiness to it. It's not an IN YOUR FACE hoppiness, but one that is deep and not at all subtle. It's a great beer and I know it won't last long.

This week's Beer Season beer of the week, Victory Baltic Thunder, replaced itself. Beatle Tom was really digging it last night. My beer dance card was too full last night, so I missed out on it then. Guess I'll have to hang out tonight.

Last night's promo beer, Staropramen, replaced itself also. Staropramen is a Czech pilsner. Stephen Beaumont says I can't say "authentic" but this is an authentic Czech pilsner from the Czech Republic, so I am going to anyway. Authentic! Authentic! Authentic! We tapped the first Staropramen at about 5pm yesterday and it was kicked by 9:30pm. So people were digging it. If you haven't dug it yet, stop by this evening for some digging.

No comments: