Friday, December 07, 2012

Fri, 07 Dec 2012


Draft Beer Update
Boulder Hoopla Pale Ale replaced Victory UK IPA. “We wanted to make a beer that was hoppy, but still appetizing to non-hop-drinkers”, so it's a hoppy beer that appeals to non-hop drinkers. We'll see if it appeals to hopheads too. It's from Boulder so it's going to be great either way.

Allagash White, this week's Beer Season beer of the week, replaced itself. We have a third keg, so draft should last until the end of Sunday. If not, we have bottles.

Rock Art Imperial Pumpkin Spruce had to get untapped for Anchor 2011 Our Special Ale,  one of two years of OSA we have on tap for tonight's Anchor OSA Flashback Night.

Anchor 2012 Our Special Ale replaced Duck-Rabbit Schwarzbier. Anchor changes the recipe for this long-time spiced holiday ale every year, so every year is different. We wound up having a 2011 OSA as we accidentally saved two for Xmas in July. I recall really digging 2011 OSA. I can't wait to try them both side by side.

Looks like I'm doing small pours tonight. I want to try both OSAs, plus I haven't had Allagash White in a while and since it's the beer of the week I finally will stop ignoring it since it's always available and actually drink one again, and I fell in love with Lancaster Pils last night, so I want more of that too. Who's up for some darts? I should be on the better side of the bar at 8:30pm.


Beer for Toys Extended Another Week
From now until December 15th, bring in a new unwrapped toy for Toys for Tots, get a free beer (or other beverage)! Fine print: No dollar store garbage. Maximum value $5. One drink per toy per customer per day.

No comments: