Friday, October 24, 2014

Fri, 24 October 2014


Happy Friday

It's a rare Friday lately with no event. But hey, there's still lots of reasons to hang out with us. The fried mac & cheese wedges, which are a food special this week, are reason enough.

You have exactly one week to get your costume ready for next week's Round Guys Halloween Party. I've got mine worked out using clothes I wear all the time. I think it might qualify as lame, but I'm ok with that. We are offering prizes for the best costume, lamest costume, and stupittest "sexy" costume. Don't worry, I can't win.

Our windows and front door just got inked up today.


Draft Beer Update

On our session beer line, Roy Pitz Sour Hound replaced Dock Street A Whiter Shade of Pale Berliner. The Pitz boys call it a "German style sour red/brown ale". I'm not aware of such a style, nor is the Internet. Maybe they meant Belgian, as in Flanders style sour red/brown ale. I emailed them to find out. Anywho, Sour Hound was one of my favorite beers from Philly Beer Week 2014. It's sour, but not aggressively so. Just the right amount. I'm not the only one digging it (as is sometimes the case).

On our wheat beer line, Troegs Dream Weaver Wheat replaced Philadelphia Walt Wit. This is another great, spot-on beer from Troegs. For this one, the spot-on style is hefeweizen. Nice!

Prism Mason's Hazelnut Coffee Porter replaced Elysian Punkuccino Coffee Pumpkin Ale. The Prism guys insisted I try this at the Great American Beer Fest earlier this month. I liked it so much, that we bought 15.5 gallons of it for everyone to enjoy.

Free Will Ralphius (sixtel) replaced Abita Pecan Harvest Ale. Ralphius is a super high octane imperial stout that has been aged in Pappy Van Winkle barrels to make it even more high octane. There is a lot going on with this one.

9pm Update:

Troegs Scratch 157 Fest Lager replaced Stoudts Oktoberfest. A traditional Fest Beer.

Philadelphia Kenz o'Lantern replaced Post Road Pumpkin. The las one we will have of this quality pumpkin ale.

Free Will Techno IPA replaced Sierra Nevada Flipside Red IPA. A nice IPA from Perkasie, PA.

No comments: