Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Wed, 18 Feb 2015

Picture of the Day
Thanks to David Schofield for this picture of dawn breaking at the Grey Lodge on Groundhog Day.


Tomorrow: Artist Showcase
Somehow we dropped the ball on putting up signs for this. Guess Firkinteenth and Groundhog Day had us preoccupied. So we apologize for the short notice. A bunch of local artists will be setting up shop at the Grey Lodge tomorrow between 7:30 and 9 to show and sell their work.


Draft Beer Update
On our session beer line, Manayunk Belgian Session replaced Cape May Turtle Gut. Belgian Session is a 4.5% golden ale. I recall really being surprised that this style especially stood out to me the first time I was Belgium. I would have thought with all the great lambics, dubbels, tripels, and quads, a blonde session ale wouldn't have even appeared on my radar during that marathon. I was wrong. This is a great style of beer. Evan Fritz, Manayunk's head brewer, is really proud of this beer, so you know it will be a good example of the style. I plan to drink a couple of these tomorrow during darts.


No comments: