Sunday, March 07, 2010

Sun, 07 Mar 2010

Draft Beer Update
My dog! That 13.2gal barrel of Sixpoint Bengali Tiger only lasted about 24 hours (and we were closed for 8 of them). Zowie. Replacing it is Dock Street West of Center Pale Ale, another new one from Dock Street.

The one everyone was waiting for, Brooklyn Cookie Jar Porter, was tapped last night as predicted. We have moon pies to pair with it. Cookie Jar replaced Brooklyn Backbreaker.

7pm Update: Stoudts Pils replaced Stoudts American Pale Ale. We in Pennsylvania are blessed many great local pilsners, Sly Fox Pikeland, Victory Prima, Troegs Sunshine and this one, Stoudts Pils, which is the original Pennsylvania pilsner for over 20 years now (oddly Penn Pilsner is a Vienna lager and not a pilsner). To be honest, it has been a long time since I've had this one from Stoudts. I've had gallons and gallons of the other three, and I've had gallons and gallons of Stoudts beers over the years. I can't wait to try it and find out what I've been missing.

No comments: